Replacement Number Plates
Standard Oblong - 4x4 - 4D - Short Plates - Motorbike Plates - Pressed Plates
We can supply new standard oblong, square or motorcycle number plates, with different emblems, borders and lettering options to suit your taste
We are registered with the DVLA as a number plate supplier, which means that all of our new and replacement number plates are completely road legal.
NEW - 4D Number Plates - £48 inc vat
The latest addition to number plate designs - 4D laser cut plates are made from 3mm black acrylic characters, stuck to acrylic plates using high strength 3M adhesive.
The DVLA state that 'number plates can be 3D', therefore 4D plates are fully road legal, MOT friendly and made to British Standards (BS AU 145d); the characters match the standard font precisely. The number plate material is made to the same British Standards that all legal number plates must follow.
What documents do I need to bring with me?
We are required by law to check that you have a proof of identity and Proof of Entitlement before creating your replacement number plates.
Most importantly you'll need to bring the right documents with you to your local store to get your new plates. The law states that you must provide current proof of identity and proof of entitlement to the registration mark quoted in order to get replacement number plates.
If you reserve your plates online, they can't be made until we have verified your documents instore.
At least one original document from each of the lists below is required for us to supply you with a legal number plate - i.e. you need to bring one document listed under 'proof of identity', and one from the list 'proof of entitlement', required by the DVLA to prove that you are allowed to display the plate. Together, the two documents must let us check your name, address and vehicle entitlement. We only accept the following documents:
1. Proof of Identity:
• Driving licence
• Bank/Building Society statement issued within the last six months
• Current utility, telephone or Council Tax bill issued within the last six months
• National ID card issued by the Government of a state of territory other than the UK
• Debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
• Police warrant card
• Armed forces identity card
• Remember - whichever Proof of Identity document you bring needs to show your name and address!
2. Proof of Entitlement:
• A Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) (Please be aware only the new red V5C Certificates are accepted, and not the old blue V5 Certificates)
• The tear-off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10)
• A Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
• A Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778)
• A Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
• A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
• An Authorisation Certificate (V948) from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp, or a downloaded hard copy of the eV948 (Unfortunately we cannot accept forms shown to us on phones.)
A letter of authorisation from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C. Sometimes you might need to provide a third document if the two documents brought into store do not show your address. For example, if you bring a debit card and V948 into store, neither document shows where you live - so you'd need to bring in another listed document for proof of address.
Please note: These are legal guidelines imposed by the DVLA, and sadly we can't provide you with new or replacement registration plates without the correct documents!
As of March 2015, the DVLA allows you put your personalised number plate registration (PR) number on retention online. You can receive instant confirmation that your personalised number plate has been put on retention, and you'll be told what the replacement registration number for the vehicle will be.
The DVLA also released an electronic version of the V948 certificate, called the eV948. You can download this certificate and present it along with your other paperwork to have your replacement plate made up.